Let's face it, eating clean is a challenge. But it is possible to do with some moderation. It is a guarantee that if you avoid eating the sweets you crave, you will break and indulge. So I invite you to submit to moderation to keep your sanity. Most of my clients' meal plans require six meals a day. That's forty-two meals a week! So I encourage my clients to have one cheat meal a week. If you are eating forty-one healthy meals a week, you earned your cheat meal.
This cheat meal is the mother of all cheat meals, well, allow me to rephrase, the mother of all cheat snacks. It's the classic chocolate chip cookie. But, this time, there's no effort to make it healthy. No extra protein powder to make it taste chalky and adds more calories. There are no substitutes for the fats in this recipe. In fact, this snack is meant to be fatty and sweet. This recipe calls for the highest quality ingredients, so pay close attention to the "what you'll need" section. It brings balance to your healthy lifestyle—the ultimate reward for your discipline all week.
What You'll Need
1/2 cup organic grass-fed butter
1 cup organic pure cane sugar
2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 organic free-range egg
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup organic semi-sweet chocolate chips 55% cacao
What To Do
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the organic unbleached all-purpose flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl and stir.
2. Combine the organic grass-fed butter, organic pure cane sugar, and organic vanilla extract into a large bowl and whip for about two minutes. Add the organic free-range egg and whisk for two minutes.
3. Gradually add the organic unbleached flour mix to the butter mixture while whisking until dough forms. Then kneed the dough for one minute.
4. Add the organic semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dough and gently fold the chocolate chips in with the dough for two minutes.
5. Make twelve cookies using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop. Roll the dough in your hands and place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. Gently press each cookie on the baking sheet.
6. Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Remove the cookies from heat to cool for two minutes before removing them from the baking sheet to avoid crumbling.
How To Serve
Serve with a tall glass of organic grass-fed whole milk, and enjoy!
One serving equals: 78 calories, 4.5g fat, 55mg sodium, 9g carbs, 0.9g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Be sure to store your cookies in an air-tight container for up to 1 week. Or in your freezer for up to eight weeks. Remember that I'm only a click away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients, click here to set up your first workout – I'd love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Your local fitness and nutrition expert,